Khichadi is an Indian cuisine, generally served to those who have bad stomach :P But people with good stomach also like it :) So what makes it different with other cuisines is its lightness. It is very light and that is why always suggested to patients with stomach issues. It is very easy to make and at the same time delicious. So let's have a look at the ingredients.
Ingredients1/2 cup Basmati Rice
1/2 cup Moong Dal (Green Gram)
1/4 cup Peas
1/4 cup Chopped Beans
1/4 cup Sweet Corn
1/4 cup Chopped Carrots
1/4 cup Chopped Onion
1/4 cup Chopped Tomato
2 tsp Oil / Butter / Ghee
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 pc Bay Leaf (Tez Patta)
2 pc Dried Red Chilli
1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 tsp Garam Masala (Curry Powder)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)
Salt to taste
- Wash rice and dal in a bowl 3 - 4 times till it gives clear water. Add fresh water and soak it for 15 minutes.
- Put the pressure cooker on flame, add oil. On heated oil add cumin seeds, bay leaf, red chilli, ginger garlic paste and stir well.
- Add onion and heat till it gets light pink in color. Add beans, corn, carrots and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and garam masala and heat for 2 minutes.
- Drain rice and gram mixture and add to pressure cooker. Heat for further 2-3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and close the lid of pressure cooker. Keep it on medium flame and heat till it blows 1 whistle.
Enjoy the recipe and do not forget to give your feedback!